Canada Immigration IMPORTANT UPDATES

Express Entry Invtee: 2016 Express Entry Quick Facts: Invitation in 6 months, 260,000 and 285,000 immigration in 2015 alone
Major Reforms To Canada Immigration System in 2016Final chance for Canada Immigration FSWP candidates Federal Skilled Workers: Minimum requirements
British Columbia launched Express Entry British Columbia Special Immigration Program CAN+ for Indian Skilled Worker Applicants
Application Processing Time Update April 2014 Super Visa for Parents/Grand Parents

three important updates of canada immigration in 2016

1. Beginning December 1, 2016, Mexican Citizens Will Not Need a Visa for Canada
Beginning December 1, 2016, the Canadian government will no longer require Mexican citizens to obtain a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) prior to entering Canada.
Before November 30, 2016: Mexican citizens continue to require a TRV to enter Canada. After December 1, 2016: Mexican citizens will be required to obtain an eTA (similar to other visa-exempt nationals) if entering Canada by air. If a Mexican citizen enters by land or by sea, an eTA will not be required.

2. Canada Confirms New Deadline for the eTA Entry Requirement
On March 15, 2016, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada ("IRCC") introduced new entry requirements. Specifically, most visa-exempt nationals must obtain an electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) if he or she will travel by air to enter or transit through Canada.

However, from March 15, 2016 until September 29, 2016, travellers who have not yet obtained an eTA can board their flight, as long as they have appropriate travel documents.

After September 29, 2016, visa-exempt foreign nationals (including U.S. green card holders, work permit holders or visitors to the U.S. who enter Canada by air), must obtain an eTA before boarding their flight. Without the eTA, he or she will not be allowed to board the aircraft.

The eTA will electronically link to the passport and, once granted, will be valid for a period of five years from the day on which it is issued to the applicant unless the individual's passport or travel document is set to expire or the eTA is cancelled.

3. Canada Launches a New Work Permit Immigration Stream to Attract Francophone Skilled Workers to Communities Outside of Quebec
IRCC announced a very narrow but exciting new work permit category under the International Mobility Program ("IMP") that would allow Francophone high-skilled workers to obtain Canadian work authorization if they are destined to live and work in Francophone minority communities outside of Quebec. Applications are currently being accepted.

good news for Quebec immigration seekers

Good news for Canada immigration seekers that Quebec Skilled Worker (QSW) program has begun accepting applications under the same eligibility requirements as the previous application cycle. Earlier this month on April 1, 2014 Quebec’s immigration regulations for its skilled worker program were set to expire. However, now the program will continue to accept the applications under the same criteria.

What Is Current Eligibility Criteria? the QSW program accepts applications from skilled workers from a wide range of backgrounds. No job offer is needed to apply to this program. At minimum, applicants must: Have at least a high school level of education; and Score a minimum number of points on a selection grid. Points are awarded for a variety of attributes, including but not limited to: work experience, education, language proficiency, age, and adaptability. In addition, the program will accept a maximum of 6,500 applications from skilled workers with no job offer. As of Monday, April 14, approximately 800 applications have already been received.

Use a representative to help you and represent your case in cic

Applicants can choose a representative for help and presenting their case to CIC.
Representatives can be:
Immigration consultants, Lawyers or Other representatives.
The representative gives immigration advice and help to visa applicants, They usually charge a fee.
Having a representative is not mandatory. It is up to you. Do not forget that using representative will not get your application special attention or guarantee it will be approved.

CIC website has all the forms and information that you need to apply for a visa for free. Filling forms and submission is easy if you follow the instructions and that are given in application guide.

If you still choose to have a representative always use an authorized immigration representative

There are two types of immigration representatives: paid and unpaid.
Paid representatives
Only some people can charge a fee or receive any other type of payment to represent or advise you on a Canadian immigration proceeding or application. These are:

Lawyers and paralegals who are members in good standing of a Canadian provincial or territorial law society,
Notaries who are members in good standing of the Chambre des notaires du Québec and
Immigration consultants who are members in good standing of the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council.

These people are called “authorized” representatives.

CIC will not deal with representatives who charge for their services and are not members of one of the above groups.
Other people who offer paid immigration advice

Anyone who gives you paid advice before you apply or start a proceeding must be authorized. Unauthorized people must either become authorized or refer you to someone who is.

If you pay a representative, they must be authorized if they:

act on your behalf during an immigration proceeding by speaking for you,
help you choose the best immigration stream or
fill out any forms.

Unpaid third parties
Unpaid third parties include: family members, friends, non-profit groups and religious groups.

They can still act for you in the same way as a paid representative.

To protect your privacy, you need to give written consent to CIC before it shares any of your personal information with your consultant, lawyer, or other representative, paid or unpaid. Use the Use of a Representative (IMM 5476) form to give your consent.

Open Work Permit Pilot Program: Good News for Spouse Awaiting Immigration

Certain spouses and common-law partners of Canadian citizens and permanent residents in the Spouses or Common-Law Partners in Canada Class (SCLPC) could obtain open work permits while their application for permanent residence through the inland sponsorship category of the SCLPC is undergoing processing. An open work permit allows an applicant to work for any Canadian employer for a specified period of time while his or her application for permanent residence is processed. Over recent months, many applicants for Canadian immigration have taken advantage of this new opportunity. In effect, the pilot program has ensured that applicants don’t have to choose between being able to work and being with their partner and children, if applicable. This pilot program also allows the applicants to receive provincial health coverage while awaiting permanent residence in Canada.

Canada launched special immigration program can+ for india

Canadian Citizenship and Immigration has announced an special immigration program for Indian nationals who have visited Canada or United States within last ten years. The CAN+ program was announced by the Canadian Citizenship and Immigration minister during a visit to New Delhi. CAN+ aims to increase processing efficiency for visitors coming to Canada from India.

Those visitors who have visited Canada or US within last bten years will receive accelerated processing, allowing for Visa officers to focus on other cases. This will result in more efficient overall processing times for Indian travellers.

The Minister highlighted a number of government initiatives aimed to improve travel and trade from Canada to India. Among these programs are three visa “Express” programs for Indian businesspeople, tourists, and students, and 10 Visa Application Centres (VACs). He also announced a standardized multiple-entry visa at a reduced fee of CAD $100.

It is learnt that Indian nationals rank in the top 10 source countries of international visitors to Canada. Over 130,000 Indian citizens were issued Canadian visitor visas in 2013, and nearly 14,000 Indian citizens received Canadian student permits.