canada immigration faq's

Who is a Skilled Worker ? In the federal Skilled Worker Class, a skilled worker is someone who has at least one year of work experience within the past 10 years in one of the occupations listed in either Skill Type 0 or Management of Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). The NOC was developed by HRDC to be a systematic taxonomy of occupations in the Canadian labour market.

What Is The Current Restricted List Of 38 Preferred Occupations? See Here
Can one apply in an occupation other than in his/her diploma? Yes, applicants are allowed to apply in an occupation other than in the diploma if you have experience in the occupation and it's in the category of Skill Type 0, or Skill Level A or B on the NOC.
What Is An Arranged Employment? Arranged Employment is an offer of full-time employment from a Canadian company. In Canada, an employer may offer a job to a foreign skilled worker to fill a full-time, permanent position in the Canadian company and bring needed skills to Canada. An Arranged Employment is subject to these conditions; The job offer is permanent, genuine, the wages and working conditions offered are comparable to those offered to other Canadians working in that occupation and the employment is full-time and not seasonal.

Difference between Permanent Resident Visa and Employment Authorization: An Employment Authorization is a non-immigrant visa authorizing a person other than a Canadian or Permanent Resident to engage or continue employment in Canada, generally for a specific employer, and always for a limited time - usually one year or less (a job offer from a Canadian employer is required). An Employment Authorization does not lead to permanent resident status, nor does it give rights and privileges of Permanent Resident visa, such as to live and work in any province across Canada, be entitle to most social benefits accorded to Canadian citizens, and when Citizenship requirements are met, apply for Canadian Citizenship.
Applying for a Permanent Resident and a Visitor visa concurrently? Usually, parallel applications for permanent residence and temporary entry viewed by visa officers as being unable to get along with each other. It leaves an impression that an applicant aims not to leave Canada upon the expiry of Non-immigrant visa. Although the applicants are not required to visit Canada as part of the application process, under current immigration policy, they are encouraged to become familiar with Canada, which assumed will help successfully integrate into Canadian society. However, the applicants who wish to apply for the temporary entry into Canada and who have an application for permanent residence pending, will be required to demonstrate sufficient ties to their current country of residence prior to the issuing of a temporary visitor's visa by the Canadian visa office.

Temporary foreign workers program changes

New rules to strengthen Canada’s Temporary Foreign Worker Program came into effect on April 1, 2011. Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) and Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC) will be making significant changes to the current procedures impacting both foreign workers and Canadian employers.

New IELTS Requirements for Applicants in Skilled Workers Class.

Canadian government has decided to reduce the IELTS score requirement for Canadian Immigration Points system. Immigration Canada has now decreased the IELTS band requirement criteria for Canada Skilled worker Immigration points. Minimum IELTS score requirement for 4 points of Immigration has now been reduced.